Our guest on this episode of “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Dr. Sarah Buckley, a family physician in Brisbane, Australia, trained in family physician obstetrics and an authority on the hormonal physiology of childbearing.
In this episode, we will cover:
- the 4 main hormones of birth and how each plays a role in “Mother Nature’s Superb Design” for mother-baby bonding and mother healing
- how skin-to-skin, the baby’s the breast crawl and cord clamping are hormone mediated and can be affected if the natural hormonal cascade is interfered with during birth
- the importance of the “Baby Moon” after birth – for both you and baby
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Dr. Sarah Buckley’s website: www.SarahBuckley.com
- her Hormonal Physiology of Childbearing report – http://transform.childbirthconnection.org/reports/physiology/
- sign up to get her free eBook, Ecstatic Birth and other updates: http://sarahbuckley.com/subscribe-to-sarahs-updates
- get Dr. Buckley’s free ebooks for parents:
About Dr. Sarah Buckley:
Dr. Sarah Buckley is a family physician in Brisbane, Australia, trained in family physician obstetrics.
She is the author of the internationally best-selling book Gentle Birth. Gentle Mothering and the scientific report Hormonal Physiology of Childbearing, published with Childbirth Connection.
Sarah’s work supports parents and professionals to be well informed, to listen to their hearts and instincts, and to acknowledge the rightful place of parents as the real experts in their bodies, babies and families.
Sarah is currently combines mothering her four children with her work as a writer and lecturer on pregnancy, birth and parenting.