Our guest today on “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Dr. Jay Warren, prenatal and pediatric chiropractor and wellness care coordinator at Cap Wellness Center.
In this episode, we will cover:
- the concept of an “18 Month Care Plan” helping you to fully heal and recover from the prenatal, birth and postpartum changes your body goes through
- the 3 factors that make recovering from your birth more difficult and how getting your brain-body connection free of stress will help it
- how you can now use the hormone Relaxin to your advantage, allowing you to be even healthier and more structurally balanced than you were before you got pregnant
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Dr. Jay’s website: www.DrJayWarren.com
- ICPA website to find a prenatal/postpartum care trained chiropractor near you: www.ICPA4Kids.org
- link to research articles about Chiropractic and Pregnancy & Postpartum: www.icpa4kids.org/Chiropractic-Research
Bio: About Dr. Jay Warren
Dr. Jay Warren has dedicated his career to helping people live happy and healthy lives.
Born and raised in Southern California, he got his undergraduate degree in Biology from UC San Diego before attending Life Chiropractic College West and graduating Summa Cum Laude in March 2000.
In his first year as a chiropractor, Dr. Jay helped run a busy, bilingual clinic in Costa Rica, which grounded him in his family wellness oriented style of practice.
He returned to San Diego, CA in 2001 and this year is celebrating his 15th year of practice. Dr. Jay has served as a health & wellness advisor and writer for numerous health-oriented websites. He has written and produced his own series of self-guided visualizations called “Healing from Within” and has also authored the “Being Well Lifestyle Program” which is a comprehensive, self-guided healthy lifestyle makeover program.
Dr. Jay continues to work with infants, children and parents on a daily basis. He is the family wellness chiropractor and Wellness Care Coordinator at the Cap Wellness Center in San Diego, CA. He is the host of the weekly podcast “Healthy Births, Happy Babies”, where he talks to experts in the natural birth and holistic parenting field.
He also likes to enjoy an active lifestyle as a surfer, a yogi and a volleyball player – although he’s becoming more of a runner now that his son, Niko, is almost 2 1/2.