Our guest on this episode of “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Dr. Drew Rubin, DC, who has been in private practice since 1989 and teaches doctors about pediatric neurodevelopmental disorders with the ICPA as well as Pediatric Diagnosis at Life University, College of Chiropractic.
In this episode, we will cover:
- what contributed to the “meteoric rise” of neurodevelopmental issues in 1995-2000 (Austism, Asperger’s, ADHD, Learning Disorders, Sensory Processing Disorders)
- What the central issues is with all of these “Pediatric Alphabet Soup” disorders and what you can do as parent if your child might be dealing with one of them
- what “neuroplasticity” is and what it means for your child in recovering from one of these disorders and even more importantly, to PREVENT them from occuring
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Dr. Drew Rubin’s website: https://www.theadjustment.com/
- link to his podcast, Chirocast, in iTunes
- link to learn more about the courses he teaches with the ICPA
About Dr. Drew Rubin:
Drew Rubin, DC, DACCP has been in private practice since 1989 and is adjunct faculty at Life University, College of Chiropractic, where he teaches Pediatric Diagnosis and 3 other pediatric courses.
Dr. Rubin has earned the Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (C.C.S.P.) title and is a board certified Diplomate in Chiropractic Pediatrics from the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association’s Diplomate Program (DACCP)
In addition to 8 pediatric papers being published since 2007 in chiropractic journals, (Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research, Journal of Chiropractic Medicine, and Journal of Pediatric, Family and Maternal Health), he has written 3 chiropractic novels, including “The Adjustment” and its sequel, “The Acceptance. He is honored to be one of the instructors for the ICPA (International Chiropractic Pediatric Association), and has spoken over 75 times in the last 5 years at places all across the US and Canada, as well as London and Italy. Dr. Rubin represented Life University 10 years in a row at the Association of Chiropractic Colleges Research Conference.
Dr. Rubin played hockey for 40 years and was awarded the Sportsman of the Season award. He was honored by the graduating classes at Life University 7 quarters in a row for outstanding service and has been the graduation speaker 6 times including the March 2018 class.
His podcast, Chirocast, has had over 20,000 listeners in the last month alone, and is especially popular at chiropractic schools around the globe. Dr. Rubin lives in Marietta Georgia with his wife, Lisa, a clinical psychologist and Director of the Student Success Center at Life University, and son Palmer.