Our guest on this episode of “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Deb Flashenberg, the founder and director of the Prenatal Yoga Center, the first yoga center in NYC to focus solely on Moms and Moms to be.
In this episode, we will cover:
- The 3 main benefits of doing yoga during your pregnancy (one of them is probably something you’ve never thought of and it will help you immensely during labor!)
- What are the “Yoga Don’t” – poses and positions that are contraindicated during pregnancy (and even some attitudes that won’t serve you in your yoga practice
- How finding a community that supports and guides you during your pregnancy will make the transition to motherhood that much easier for you
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Deb’s website: prenatalyogacenter.com
- Link to Deb’s podcast: Yoga | Birth | Babies: http://prenatalyogacenter.com/podcast-list/
About Deb Flashenberg:
Deb Flashenberg is the founder and director of the Prenatal Yoga Center, the first yoga center in NYC to focus solely on Moms and Moms to be.
She is a DONA certified labor support doula, Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator, and certified prenatal yoga teacher. Deb completed a Midwife Assistant Program with Ina May Gaskin, Pamela Hunt and many of the other Farm Midwives at The Farm Midwifery Center in Tennessee. She has been teaching this unique and amazing population for 15 years and is continuously in awe of the beauty and brilliance of birth. Deb is the proud mom to her son, Shay, and daughter, Sage.
Deb has had several articles published in Midwifery Today, Doula International, she is a regular contributor to New York Family Magazine and Mommybites as a regular featured blogger. She has also been featured on Lamaze blog, Giving Birth With Confidence and is a birth expert with The Birth Institute. Deb has also had the honor of being a presenter at the Yoga Journal Live NYC Conference. Deb is also the host of the podcast, Yoga | Birth | Babies.