Our guest today on “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Dr. Laura Brayton, holistic chiropractor and host of the “Well-Adjusted Mama” podcast who is passionate about supporting the health and wellness of the families of her community.
In this episode, we will cover:
- As a podcaster, Dr. Brayton has interviewed over 75 experts in prenatal, birthing and post-partum care. She shares the most important tips she’s learned from these experts over the years.
- How Type A personalities carry that stress into their pregnancies and how it can hinder the birth experience
- How environmental toxins can add to the stress a woman’s body endures and how it can affect the baby
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Dr. Laura Brayton’s website: www.drlaurabrayton.com
- The Environmental Working Group website: www.ewg.org
- the EWG.org “Healthy Living” app: www.ewg.org/apps/
About Dr. Laura Brayton:
Dr. Laura Brayton is a holistic chiropractor who is passionate about supporting the health and wellness of the families of her community. Dr. Brayton writes regularly on health-related topics and is a lecturer for various holistic groups in the community, including at yoga studios, childbirth education centers, and new moms’ groups. She also continues to stay up-to-date and current in her field with frequent post-graduate seminars in functional medicine, nutrition, allergy elimination, pediatrics, and maternity.
In addition, Dr. Brayton has received certifications in Chiropractic Pediatrics (180 hour post-graduate program), Webster Technique (for breech presentation), Sound-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (SASTM), and is an advanced level practitioner of Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Technique (NAET). Dr. Brayton is a BioEnergetic Practitioner utilizing Applied Kinesiology (manual muscle testing) to “eavesdrop” into the body and determine its current needs for health.
She is an active member of the Association of New Jersey Chiropractors, American Chiropractic Association, Hoboken Chamber of Commerce, and Past President of the Hoboken Rotary Club. She also raised over $3,000 for Team for Kids which is a charity focused on addressing childhood obesity by running the 2010 NYC Marathon. Dr. Brayton was chosen by New Jersey Family magazine as one of “NJ’s Favorite Kids’ Docs” in 2010-2015.
On Labor Day 2014, she birthed a podcast called “Well-Adjusted Mama” to educate and to empower women preconception through early motherhood on wellness lifestyle. In November 2014, she spent a month in Bali writing her first book on the topic of birth and is excitedly awaiting its publication. For more information, please check out her websites at www.drlaurabrayton.com and www.hobokenchiro.com.