Our guest on this episode is Jen Graham, birth and postpartum doula and Evidenced Based Birth Instructor.
In this episode, we will cover:
- Because babies don’t come with manuals, this list is the next best thing
- If you are birthing at a hospital, the one thing you absolutely MUST do BEFORE you go to into labor
- A long list of trusted resources for parents to get even more information
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- the CAP Wellness Center Newborn Care 101 Class
- Jen Graham’s website: www.peacefulbeginning.com
- the Postpartum Health Alliance website
- Happiest Baby on the Block (book by Dr. Karp)
- http://www.carseat.org/ and www.Safercar.gov
Bio: About Jen Graham
Jen Graham, has been a practicing doula since 1996.
She is trained and certified through DONA International. She offers birth and postpartum doula care in the greater San Diego area.
She teaches Newborn Care 101 the at Cap Wellness Center in Encinitas and is an Evidence Based Birth Instructor.
She is the mother of 4 of her own children. And has cared for hundreds of newborn babies and their families.
She has experience with singletons, twins, triplets, special needs babies, and with both sleep problems and breastfeeding issues.