Click here to Subscribe to “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” or listen to more episodes.
Our guest today on “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Dr. Christine Wood, a pediatrician practicing at Coast Pediatrics in San Diego, CA with interests in nutrition for children and teens.
In this episode, we will cover:
- an explanation of “the Carrot Study” and how you can influence your child’s eating habits while you’re still pregnant with them
- the one simple habit you can do now to not only create good healthy eating habits for your children, but also decrease their risk of heart disease and depression and improve their academic performance
- 3 “Tricks” to help get your kid to eat if you’re having problems at the dinner table
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- www.CoastPediatrics.com – in San Diego, CA
- www.KidsEatGreat.com – Dr. Wood’s website where you can get a copy of her book: How to Get Kids to Eat Great & Love It
Bio: About Dr. Christine Wood
Dr. Christine Wood is a pediatrician with interests in nutrition for children and teens.
She has authored the book, How to Get Kids to Eat Great & Love It and her articles and interviews have been published in Newsweek and Parenting magazines among others. She has been a frequent speaker on the topic of nutrition and the impact of environmental toxins on health.
She has been practicing pediatrics over 25 years and sees patients at Coast Pediatrics Carmel Valley. She is also a Certified Lactation Educator and enjoys helping nursing mothers. She has served as the Co-Chair for the San Diego County Childhood Obesity Initiative and is Medical Consultant for an adolescent residential eating disorder treatment center in La Jolla.