Our guest on this episode of “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Tracy Gillett, the founder of the website RaisedGood.com, a heart-driven platform to provide parents with sound, well thought out, scientifically backed advice. She is also the author of the new book, The Lost Art of Natural Parenting: Finding the Courage to Parent Fearlessly.
In this episode, we will cover:
- how changing your view on temper tantrums from “they are giving you a hard time” to “they are having a hard time” will make those moments easier for you and your child as well
- how threats, punishments and consequences lock you into micromanaging and controlling behaviors, rather than helping your child self-regulate and become comfortable with their own emotions (the negative ones too)
- how labelling the “terrible twos”, “three-nager”, etc. can be counterproductive and how simple languaging changes can give you more ease and peace when parenting through difficult times
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Tracy’s website: www.raisedgood.com
- Link to buy her book The Lost Art of Natural Parenting: http://raisedgood.com/lost-
- Link to join her Raised Good Facebook group
About Tracy Gillett:
Tracy Gillett is a passionate writer, mother, global nomad and natural parenting advocate.
She is also the author of the book, The Art of Natural Parenting which is available through her website, Raised Good, a heart-driven platform to provide parents with sound, well thought out, scientifically backed advice.
She hopes to rouse your natural instincts so you can parent your way, by offering support and community, free from judgment.
Originally from Australia, Tracy now lives in Vancouver, BC, with her husband and young son.
Liberate yourself from the “rules” of modern parenting and sign up for Tracy’s free Natural Parenting Superpowers eCourse.
You can also find Tracy on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.