Click here to Subscribe to “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” or listen to more episodes.
Our guests today on “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” are Dr. Paul Thomas and Jennifer Margulis, PhD, co-authors of the book: The Vaccine-Friendly Plan: Dr. Paul’s Safe and Effective Approach to Immunity and Health—From Pregnancy Through Your Child’s Teen Years. In it, they describe “a slower, evidenced based protocol that limits a child’s exposure to aluminum, mercury, and other neurotoxins while building overall good health.”
In this episode, we will cover:
- why the current vaccine schedule from the CDC is NOT safe for all children and how Dr. Paul would modify it to make it safer
- what the common vaccine reactions look like that parents should report to their pediatrician immediately once seeing them in your child after a vaccine shot
- which of the vaccines carry the most risk of injury or are unnecessary and should be skipped altogether
- why you should never give acetaminophen (Tylenol) to your child, especially if you are vaccinating them
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Dr. Paul Thomas’ website: www.DrPaulApproved.com
- The Vaccine Friendly Plan book is on Facebook here
- Jennifer Margulis’ website: www.JenniferMargulis.net
- connect with Jennifer Margulis on Facebook here
- Buy The Vaccine Friendly Plan on Amazon here
About Dr. Paul Thomas:
Dr. Paul Thomas, M.D., F.A.A.P., received his medical degree from Dartmouth Medical School and completed his pediatric residency at the University of California San Diego. He is a board-certified fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, board-certified in Integrative and Holistic Medicine, and a diplomat of the American Board of Addiction Medicine.
He taught residents and medical students from 1988 to 1993, practiced at Westside Pediatrics from 1993 to 2008 and then opened his own practice in 2008, Integrative Pediatrics where he currently serves over 13,000 patients in the Portland, Oregon metro area.
He is the co-author (with Jennifer Margulis, Ph.D.) of The Vaccine-Friendly Plan: Dr. Paul’s Safe and Effective Approach to Immunity and Health—From Pregnancy Through Your Child’s Teen Years.
About Jennifer Margulis:
Jennifer Margulis, Ph.D., is an award-winning investigative journalist, nonfiction book author, and Fulbright grantee.
She is the co-author of The Vaccine-Friendly Plan: Dr. Paul’s Safe and Effective Approach to Immunity and Health, From Pregnancy Through Your Child’s Teen Years (Ballantine, 2016) with Paul Thomas, M.D., and author of Your Baby, Your Way: Taking Charge of Your Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Parenting Decisions for a Happier, Healthier Family (Scribner, 2015).
Her work has been published in the New York Times, the Washington Post, Smithsonian Magazine, Ms. Magazine, More magazine, Fit Pregnancy, O: The Oprah Magazine, and dozens of others magazines, newspapers, and websites.