In this episode, Dr. Jay will:
- explain why Self-Care for Dads is just as important as self-care for Moms
- the 4 areas that Dads need to be putting time and energy into to make sure you’re taking good care of yourself
- what you can do on a daily (and at the very least weekly) basis to keep yourself well so you’re a healthier dad, partner and man
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- the podcast episode where I talk about how Dads-to-be can best support their partner during PREGNANCY: HBHB Episode #120
- the podcast episode where I talk about how Dads-to-be can best support their partner during POSTPARTUM: HBHB Episode #121
- to learn more about these self-care methods and structures in the Men of Iron group Dr. Jay mentioned: www.drjaywarren.com/menofiron
About Dr. Jay Warren:
Dr. Jay Warren has been a prenatal and pediatric chiropractor for 17 years. He is also the Wellness Care Coordinator at the CAP Wellness Center in San Diego, CA where 90% of his practice is pregnant or postpartum women and babies under one year old.
Dr. Jay is a proud member of the ICPA and APPPAH (the Association or Pre and Perinatal Psychology and Health) and the host of the podcast “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” found in iTunes, Google Play Music, Stitcher and Spotify as well as “The Dadhood Journey” which may be found in the same places you listen to podcasts.
His online program, “Connecting with Baby” guides pregnant women through processes to that have been proven to strengthen maternal bonding creating a healthier pregnancy, gentler birth with less interventions and easier postpartum experience with less infant crying, more sleep and decreased postpartum depression.