Our guest on this episode of “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Karen Strange, a Certified Professional Midwife, American Academy of Pediatrics/Neonatal Resuscitation Program Instructor.
In this episode, we will cover:
- In pregnancy, you are not just building a body. You are developing your baby’s brain, nervous system and temperament
- How to slow and down regulate your own nervous system so that your baby is not exposed to prolonged stress in-utero
- The importance of the “breast crawl” immediately after birth and how it helps heal birth trauma (for both your baby and you)
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Karen Strange’s website: KarenStrange.com
- Link to her “Simple Tools for Mothers” article
- Link to the webinar about the Breast Crawl (use discount code: DRJAY for 50% off)
About Karen Strange:
Karen H. Strange is a Certified Professional Midwife (1996), American Academy of Pediatrics/Neonatal Resuscitation Program Instructor (1992).
Karen is founder of the Integrative Resuscitation of the Newborn workshop, which includes the physiology of newborn transition, evidence-based studies having to do with neonatal resuscitation, and the “When, Why and How” to provide neonatal resuscitation in the least traumatic way. She is known for her emphasis on the baby’s experience of birth and tools for healing when things do not go as planned.
Karen has done over 900 hours of debrief/case reviews with birth professionals regarding resuscitation and constantly updates her material with new information. She has taught over 8,500 people worldwide. Karen recently released a new webinar series as well as video clips and resources all available on her website, KarenStrange.com.