Our guest on this episode of “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Nancy Mohrbacher, a board-certified lactation consultant and author of Breastfeeding Made Simple and Breastfeeding Solutions and its companion App for Android and iPhone.
In this episode, we will cover:
- the most common reasons why so many women have difficulty breastfeeding in the first couple weeks
- how knowing about the instinctive reflexes that newborns are born with can make it easier for you to breastfeed your baby
- 6 simple and effective changes you can make in your breastfeeding positioning that can improve latching, decrease pain and nipple damage
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Nancy’s website: www.NancyMohrbacher.com
- Her Youtube channel – https://www.youtube.com/NancyMohrbacher
- Nancy’s 38 min video on Breastfeeding positions: http://www.naturalbreastfeeding.com/
- link to the Natural Breastfeeding Infographic PDF mentioned in the episode
About Nancy Mohrbacher:
Nancy Mohrbacher was born in the Chicago area, where she lives today. Nancy is a board-certified lactation consultant who has been helping nursing mothers since 1982. Her breastfeeding books for parents and professionals include
- Breastfeeding Made Simple (with Kathleen Kendall-Tackett)
- Working and Breastfeeding Made Simple
- Breastfeeding Solutions and its companion app for Android and iPhone.
Nancy currently contracts with hospitals to improve breastfeeding practices, writes for many publications, and speaks at events around the world. Nancy was in the first group of 16 to be honored for her contributions to breastfeeding with the designation FILCA, Fellow of the International Lactation Consultant Association.