Our guest today on “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Jennifer Margulis, Ph.D., an award-winning science journalist and author of many books including Your Baby, Your Way where she investigates the overlooked dangers of mainstream birth practices, especially when scientific evidence has been brushed aside in favor of special interests.
In this episode, we will cover:
- how her own experience with the medical system with her first birth caused her to investigate and uncover the dangers of modern birth practices
- how her research exposes how current cultural practices during pregnancy, childbirth, and the first year of a baby’s life are NOT all based on the best evidence and are NOT always in the best interest (or health) of the mom or the baby.
- what a pregnant woman or new mom can do to make sure she and her baby are getting the best prenatal and maternity care possible
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- a link to Jennifer’s website: www.jennifermargulis.net
- a link to get her book: Your Baby, Your Way on Amazon
About Dr. Jennifer Margulis:
Jennifer Margulis, Ph.D., is an award-winning science journalist and book author, a Fulbright grantee, and sought-after speaker.
Her writing has appeared in many of the nation’s most respected and credible publications, including the New York Times and the Washington Post.
A meticulous researcher who’s not afraid to be controversial, she is nationally known as a journalist who opens people’s eyes to the realities behind accepted practices in health care and medicine.
She is passionate about investigating the overlooked dangers of mainstream practices, especially when scientific evidence has been brushed aside in favor of special interests. Uncovering these issues is a matter of social justice.
Not only is she the co-author with Dr. Paul Thomas of The Vaccine-Friendly Plan, but she is also the author numerous books such as: Toddler: Real-Life Stories of Those Fickle, Irrational, Urgent, Tiny People We Love, The Baby Bonding Book for Dads: Building a Closer Connection to Your New Baby, and Your Baby, Your Way: Taking Charge of Your Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Parenting Decisions for a Happier, Healthier Family.
Jennifer Margulis earned a B.A. from Cornell University, a Master’s from the University of California at Berkeley, and a Ph.D. from Emory University.
A Boston native, Jennifer Margulis lives with her family in southern Oregon.