Our guest on this episode of “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Gerri Ryan, Executive Director & COO of the Nizhoni Institute of Midwifery, licensed professional midwife, certified doula and nationally recognized doula trainer.
In this episode, we will cover:
- the paradigm shift around natural birth Gerri Ryan is witnessing across the country and what it means for the next generation of children
- answers to the common “what if’s” questions of home birth: what if there’s a problem at home? what if we need to go to the hospital? IS IT SAFE?
- what Gerri sees as the hallmark of midwifery care = post-partum care
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- San Diego Birth Network: http://www.sandiegobirthnetwork.org/
- Nizhoni Institute of Midwifery: http://www.nizhoniinstitute.edu/
About Gerri Ryan:
Gerri Ryan, L.M., C.P.M., FACCE, Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer of Nizhoni Institute of Midwifery: Managed administrative staff of a large firm for several years before leaving the corporate arena to pursue her goal of becoming a midwife. She is a licensed and certified professional midwife, is certified as a doula and is a nationally recognized doula trainer. She has co-chaired several national health conferences and is the founder of San Diego Birth Network, the first non-profit birth network in the US. Currently teaches midwifery students, supervises academic faculty and clinical instructors and has primary responsibility for marketing, recruitment, and human resources management for Nizhoni Institute.