Our guest today on “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Dr. Sarah Buckley, a family physician in Brisbane, Australia, trained in family physician obstetrics and an authority on the hormonal physiology of childbearing.
In this episode, we will cover:
- the 4 main hormones of birth and how each contributes to a natural and safe experience for both mom and baby
- how birth was really meant to be private, safe and unobserved and how disturbing the labor process slows things down
- Recommendations on how to keep this normal flow of hormones going so labor progresses naturally and quickly
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- Dr. Sarah Buckley’s website: www.SarahBuckley.com
- her Hormonal Physiology of Childbearing report – http://transform.childbirthconnection.org/reports/physiology/
- sign up to get her free eBook, Ecstatic Birth and other updates: http://sarahbuckley.com/subscribe-to-sarahs-updates
- Dr. Buckley’s Gentle Natural Birth Pregnancy program – http://www.gentlenaturalbirth.com/
About Dr. Sarah Buckley:
Dr. Sarah Buckley is a family physician in Brisbane, Australia, trained in family physician obstetrics.
She is the author of the internationally best-selling book Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering and the scientific report Hormonal Physiology of Childbearing, published with Childbirth Connection.
Sarah’s work supports parents and professionals to be well informed, to listen to their hearts and instincts, and to acknowledge the rightful place of parents as the real experts in their bodies, babies and families.
Sarah is currently combines mothering her four children with her work as a writer and lecturer on pregnancy, birth and parenting.