Our guest today on “Healthy Births, Happy Babies” is Dr. Nikolas Capetanakis, board certified OB and the owner/founder of the Cap Wellness Center.
In this episode, we will cover:
- the list of things Dr. Cap wants each of his patients to do before they go into labor – it’s not what you think
- how Dr. Cap helps create a “Golden Hour” after birth for mommy, daddy and baby to bond together when they meet for the very first time
- what the #1 thing Dr. Cap has seen that helps ensure a woman has an amazing hospital birth
Resources mentioned in the conversation:
- A list of all the birth classes offered: Cap Wellness Center Classes
- A library of informational videos about pregnancy and birth: Cap Wellness YouTube Channel
About Dr. Capetanakis:
Dr. Capetanakis is Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the owner/founder of the Cap Wellness Center.
He received his medical degree from Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific so Along with all the requirements of an MD, Dr. Capetanakis has trained in the art of osteopathic manipulative medicine.
He serves as the Vice Chair of the Obstetrical and Gynecological Department at Scripps Memorial Hospital, Encinitas and is a member of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
When not working, Dr. Cap enjoys spending time outdoors with his wife Angie and their three young children. He is an avid cyclist and has performed in numerous triathlons and bike rides. He also enjoys camping, hiking, soccer and traveling.